- Start a New Application. The easiest way to apply is by clicking Start a New Application on the top of our website or clicking here. Once on the Online Application page, simply select the program and courses you are interested in. For applicants who prefer mailing in a printed application, the form is available in the back of our brochure, which can be requested or downloaded here.
- Personal Statement. Part of the Application is a request for a personal statement of approximately 500 words about why you are applying, why you are choosing your Major and Minor courses, and what you feel you can contribute to the program. Feel free to write about your academic and extracurricular interests and anything else that will help us to get to know you.
- Transcript. A copy of your most recent transcript or grade report is requested and can be sent to our New York address, faxed, or emailed to email@example.com.
- Immersion Sample and Recommendations (when applicable). All students applying for L'Académie de France or La Academia de España, as well as students taking immersion courses in Paris and Barcelona, are asked to submit a writing sample in French/Spanish as well as a completed recommendation form from their French/Spanish teacher. This is not required if taking beginner French/Spanish. This form is provided during the application or can be accessed here.
- Deposit. Applications require a deposit of $1050 US with the application to be marked as complete. This is deducted from the total tuition upon acceptance and is refundable.
- Admission Department Review. Our admissions department carefully reviews the completed application on a case by case basis and contacts students in the order in which they've applied. Admissions decisions are typically sent by email within two weeks of receipt of a completed application.
Students must currently be in grades 8-9 to apply for a Prep program, grades 10-12 to apply for a Tradition program, Oxbridge at UCLA, or an Oxford Seminar. Our programs in France, Spain, St Andrews, Boston, and the New York are open to students currently in grades 9-12.
- Rolling Admissions Policy. We accept applications throughout the year until the programs are full.
- Admissions. Decisions are made within about two weeks of receipt of a completed application, at which time the student’s courses are confirmed in writing. A completed application consists of four parts: a completed and signed application form, a deposit, a copy of a transcript or recent report card, and a personal statement. Students taking immersion classes must also submit a writing sample and a completed teacher recommendation form (available online).
- Course Guarantee Dates. We recommend that students apply as early as possible. Students whose applications are postmarked on or before each program's course guarantee date and who are accepted into the program will be guaranteed their first choice of courses, subject to enrollment minima. The course guarantee dates for each program are listed as follows:
|The Oxford Tradition
The Cambridge Tradition
US, Spain, France, & Scotland
The Oxford and Cambridge Prep Experiences
The NYC and Oxford Seminars
| January 13, 2017
January 20, 2017
January 27, 2017
February 3, 2017
April 14, 2017
Please note: These are not admission deadlines. We accept applications on a rolling admission basis until the program is full.
- Students who cannot be placed in their first choice of Major or Minor course will be automatically placed in their second or third choice, subject to the availability of that course, and also placed on the waiting list for their first choice. If wait-listed for a class, the student will be notified as and when a space becomes available.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment levels, students will be notified immediately and placed in their second choice. Students who wish to change courses may do so by writing to our New York office up until May 26, 2017.