La Academia de Barcelona..................................................................................................... $7995 US
This comprehensive fee includes: all tuition and instruction, accommodations, breakfast and dinner daily, transportation to and from the airport, all books and materials, guest presentations, workshops, field trips, and all cultural and social activities organized by the program, including sports, excursions, museum and gallery admissions, and theater tickets. It does not include airfare, lunch daily, or personal expenditures, such as snacks, laundry, souvenirs, and so on.
Students must currently be in grades 9-12 to apply for La Academia de Barcelona.
- Rolling Admissions Policy. We accept applications throughout the year until the programs are full.
- Admissions. Decisions are made within 1-2 weeks of receipt of a completed application, at which time the student’s courses are confirmed in writing. A completed application consists of four parts: a completed and signed application form, a deposit, a copy of a transcript or recent report card, and a personal statement. Students taking immersion classes must also submit a writing sample and a completed Language Recommendation Form.
- Course Guarantee. We recommend that students apply as early as possible. Students whose applications are postmarked on or before each program’s course guarantee date and who are accepted into the program will automatically receive their first choice of courses, subject to enrollment minima. The course guarantee date for La Academia de Barcelona is January 26, 2018.
- Students who cannot be placed in their first choice of Major or Minor course will be automatically placed in their second or third choice, subject to the availability of that course, and also placed on the waiting list for their first choice. If wait-listed for a class, the student will be notified as soon as a space becomes available.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment levels, students will be notified immediately and placed in their second choice. Students who wish to change courses may do so by writing to our New York office up until May 25, 2018.
PARIS CONNECTION, La Academia de Barcelona ................................................ $1345 US
Knowledge of Spanish is not required to participate in La Academia de Barcelona, but students who have selected to take an immersion class are asked to submit a writing sample in Spanish as well as a completed Language Recommendation Form from their Spanish teacher.
Applications require a deposit of $1050 US ($1175 US with Medical Emergency Cancellation Insurance), payable to F.I.E. or The Foundation for International Education. (Scholarship applicants are not required to send a deposit as part of their separate application.) The balance of payment for tuition is due by April 6, 2018.
MEDICAL EMERGENCY CANCELLATION INSURANCE
Nonrefundable Medical Emergency Cancellation Insurance is available for $125 US per application to protect against unavoidable cancellations due to documented medical emergencies involving the student or immediate family members. This insurance can ONLY be purchased at the time of application.
The policy is as follows:
||Without Medical Emergency
|With Medical Emergency
|Until April 6, 2018
||Until May 4, 2018*
minus the deposit
|Until May 4, 2018
||Until June 8, 2018*
||After May 4, 2018
||After June 8, 2018
*With Medical Emergency Cancellation Insurance, refunds will be made only in the case of a documented medical emergency.