· The Boston Teacher Seminar — June 25 - July 1, 2017
· The Cambridge Teacher Seminar — June 30 - July 7, 2017
· The St Andrews Teacher Seminar — July 9 - July 16, 2017
· The Paris Teacher Seminar — July 16 - July 23, 2017
· The Oxford Teacher Seminar — July 23 - July 30, 2017
Teachers, librarians, school leaders, counselors, administrators, and, in certain circumstances, trustees and school board or PTA officers are all eligible.
Applications should be in by May 19, 2017. If spaces remain open after that date, we will continue to accept applications until all Seminars are full.
Until March 24, 2017 the comprehensive fee for each Seminar is $2395 US. From March 25, 2017 the fee will rise to $2495.
This sum includes all tuition and lectures, accommodation, two meals daily, and all activities scheduled as part of the Teacher Seminar. The fee does not include airfare, lunch, items of a personal nature, health or travel insurance, or elective activities above and beyond the program. A 15% reduction from the total fee is available to participants signing up to attend more than one seminar in the same year.
· A deposit of $300 US is due with the application.
· The balance is due June 2, 2017.
· All payments including the deposit are refundable until June 2, 2017.
· Between June 3 and June 17, 2017 all fees except the deposit are refundable.
· After June 17, 2017 no refunds are possible.
· The cost may be tax deductible. Be sure to check with your tax adviser.
· Special consideration will be given to schools that sponsor multiple participants in one summer.
We are happy to put you in touch with former Seminar participants. People have come from all over North America and around the world, from countries including Austria, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, France, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Switzerland, and Turkey, and from every kind of school: public, parochial, and independent.
A small number of fellowships are available for each Teacher Seminar. These are based on professional accomplishment and the ability to contribute to the Seminar in the broadest sense. Once applicants have decided on a particular Teacher Seminar, they should contact us as soon as possible. For information about our fellowships please contact the New York office on +1 212-932-3049 or email at email@example.com.
· Details: Outstanding Teacher Fellowships and Career Teacher Fellowships.
· All fellowship applications must be received complete in New York by March 10, 2017.
We are also pleased to support applications from school-based professional development funds and to help candidates who are applying for alternative sources of funding, including school-based faculty development grants and fellowships. Please contact the New York office with details of the funding source to which you are applying and let us know what information we can provide.
You are required to make your own travel arrangements to Boston, Oxford, Cambridge, Paris, or St Andrews. Full information on how to go about making travel plans will be provided in a mailing to registered Teacher Seminar participants. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to write or call our office. As a general rule, we recommend that program participants book flights that arrive in Boston, London, Paris, or Edinburgh between 6:00am and 12:00pm on the day the Seminar starts, and depart in the late afternoon on the day the Seminar ends. The first formal commitment on each Teacher Seminar is indicated in the Seminar's individual schedule in the brochure. The last event is breakfast with the Director on the final day.
Getting to Your Teacher Seminar
Local public transportation between the airports and our seminar locations is excellent and easily accessible. We will send all participants information about buses and trains between local airports and our residences.
Professional Development Points
Oxbridge Academic Programs Teacher Seminars comply with states' requirements for teacher professional development. Oxbridge will help you identify opportunities to earn professional development in your state, assist you in the development of your portfolio, and issue a transcript for up to 35 points/hours of professional development.